Ready to Grow?
The YWCA Westmoreland County (located in Greensburg, PA) has launched the YWCAmakers program! The YWCAmakers Program aligns with the YWCA mission to eliminate racism and empower women by providing more equitable opportunities for job growth and economic development for Makers in Westmoreland County. The YWCAmakers program will help Makers 18 years and older who create handmade, one-of-a-kind goods for everyday use to grow their businesses.
Makers Business Skills Program
The first cohort will receive 50% off tuition!
The business skill courses and featured selling space are exclusive benefits for members of the Maker Cohorts. Cohort members can expect to increase their entrepreneurial skills to supplement or even replace their income.
Cohort members commit to the 12 week program including:
- Weekly business skills workshops (3 hr/per week)
- 30 days consignment at the YWCA Thrift Shop
- Weekly “Meet the Maker” hours during your featured consignment period (3 hr/per week minimum)
- 75% attendance at MakersMeet Westmoreland MeetUp groups for 12 week instructional period
Business skills workshops will be help in the evenings. For the first 12 week program, the course will be Wednesdays 6-9 pm, March 4- May 20, 2020.
Who We are Looking For
- Established Maker: You already have your product. You create or design one-of-a-kind handmade items that you are looking to scale into your small business.
- Have an Entrepreneurial Spirit: You know that running your own business will take dedication and hustle.
- Missions Align: You are committed to the YWCA’s mission of eliminating racism and empowering women.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be in Southwestern PA- businesses skills courses are offered in person only at this time.
- Residents of Westmoreland County, PA will receive priority consideration during application review.
Read the full Cohort Member Job Description HERE.
Applications open through February 19, 2020.