Art Director/Creative Director (River's Bend Fabrics)
Midwest Textiles & Supplies is an industry leader in quality quilting fabric and embroidery supplies for the wholesale market. We distribute over 15 branded fabric lines as well as design & produce our own quality fabric line River’s Bend. In addition, we offer a full range of embroidery threads, bobbins, backings, and accessories for the professional embroiderer.
River’s Bend Fabrics, a division of Midwest Textiles & Supplies, is in search of an Art Director/Creative Director that uses fabric as a method of storytelling & branding. The position entails developing & managing a team of designers to create a cohesive & creative fabric brand for the wholesale quilt industry. This person must be a leader; someone who inspires and guides the vision of the design team, recognize talent and learn how to get the best from their team. Collaboration and co-working will be key to success & growth. They will be responsible for helping foster & create a culture of exploration and experimentation, but equally one where brand strategy and creativity are guided
Strong candidates will have the following experience but not limited to:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar capacity.
- Proficient in graphic art using Adobe Suites.
- Follows & up to date with market trends.
- History of working with traditional & digitally printed fabrics & mills.
- Curating artwork for collections – via freelance designers & purchased artwork.
- Experience in reviewing & correcting strike-offs.
- Able to create repeats, layouts, recoloring and color corrections
- Tradeshow booth design for cohesive branding.
- Create/Layout sales boards and marketing materials.
- Ability to write, proof, and publish quilt patterns is a plus.
- Contracted remote position or inhouse position