Annie’s, located in Berne & Fort Wayne IN, is a rapidly growing, media division of DRG and our products include magazines, books, kits and supplies, online classes and TV programming, which are targeted to home and family interests, including crafts, nostalgia and home décor. It is part of the third generation Muselman family business.
Annie’s promise is to deliver exceptional products that enable creativity, nurture memories and uphold positive values. We are committed to a culture that attracts, motivates, inspires and retains extraordinary people in an environment characterized by a positive outlook, innovation, respect, integrity and family values. Come work with us!
Job Summary: The Associate Product Manager is responsible for researching, designing and developing new craft kit concepts and projects, collaborating with product managers on future kit development and defining specifications for materials to create kits that fit within Annies budget, weight and packaging parameters. The associate product manager will write project instructions and create step-by-step samples of projects. Position will be located on site in Fort Wayne office.
Essential Elements of the Job:
- Assist Product Managers with kit design and development for multiple kit clubs covering a wide range of crafting including but not limited to general crafts, childrens crafts, fabric, yarn, beading and cardmaking techniques.
- Create functional or decorative items by hand, using a variety of craft techniques and materials.
- Sketch or draw items to be crafted for approval before creating prototypes of each item.
- Select craft materials for kit project based on end use, strength, color, texture, weight and size.
- Clerical input in company database to include setting up new products, entering kit specifications, adding notes, following schedules, etc.
- Work with vendors to get quotes and samples.
- Learn and understand Annies kit club development, sourcing and operational processes.
- Check kit prototypes at various stages and input quality control notes in company database.
- Write instructions on how to assemble craft kits.
- Create step-by-step samples and photo work orders.
- Conduct product and trend research.
- Maintain strong communication with Senior Product Manager and Product Managers.
Assistant Product manager Skills
- Skilled in a wide variety of crafting techniques including but not limited to craft painting, mixed media, paper crafts, cross stitch and embroidery, drawing, woodworking and beading, fabric and yarn.
- Eye for design and color
- Strong computer skills
- Detail and task oriented
- Highly organized
- Problem solver
- Self-starter and multi-tasker
Job Skills and Work Relations:
Employee must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must possess excellent interpersonal relations, strong attention to detail, exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills, and the ability to think creatively when faced with challenges. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other related business applications. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work, coupled with the ability to work concurrently on a variety of projects and requests in a fast-paced work environment. Employee reports directly to the Senior Product Manager.
Qualifications: A Bachelors Degree in Design, Product Development, Project Management, Merchandising, Business or related field and/or a minimum of 4 (four) years of experience in product and craft design. Must demonstrate intermediate skill level in various crafts. Candidate must be a proven positive self-starter who is willing to go above and beyond to make a difference in an organization.
We demonstrate our commitment to the talented people who make our company successful by offering:
- Competitive pay rates and bonus structures
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance options
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Education reimbursement assistance
You can learn more about Annie’s at www.annies-publishing.com