For Digits & Threads we’re seeking submissions from Canadian contributors on the following topics (we are also open to receiving pitches on topics not mentioned here that align with our editorial mandate to cover Canadian fibre and textile arts, crafts and industry).
- Profiles of the following artists, makers or businesses:
- Local dispatches from around Canada. Write up a local exhibition, fair or event, with two to five photos.
- Tutorials related to craft pain points (not for knitting or weaving at this time). Deep-dives or quick tips about techniques or situations that crafters find daunting or intimidating. Topics could include hot to stitch French knots, best practices for tidy (or messy!) cross stitch, how to thread a serger, etc.
- Tutorial for inserting a zipper + a companion beginner project involving zipper insertion (looking for sewing OR knitting/crochet/weaving).
- An article or tutorial on decorative embellishment that may or may not involve mending.
- Pattern for a modern quilt block that can be made into a simple project like a pillow cover, wall-hanging, or laptop sleeve (or, if a reader wants to make a lot of them, into a blanket; but it’s just one block we’re asking for).
Learn more about Digits & Threads and find our rates here.
To send a pitch, please email Editorial Director Kate Atherley at email@example.com, including a brief description of the topic or tutorial/project and how you would like to cover it.