Schacht Spindle Company proudly produces exceptional spinning and weaving equipment that is used by fiber artists and craftspeople around the world.
We have an opening for a Technical Production Lead on our production team. The production team is responsible for machining the wooden parts that make our world-class products.
The technical production lead supervises the CNC operators. This staff member is responsible for training, efficiency, and quality standards. This person will also be the primary programmer for CNC programs.
Lead, Manage and hold the CNC Team accountable
- design, create, and maintain fixtures
- create, modify, and maintain CNC programming
- Operation of CNC machines as needed
- Quality Control
- support equipment maintenance, repair, installation, and modification
- organize CNC production area, boards, supplies
- organize, maintain, and track CNC tooling
- develop prototypes and prototype programs
- create jigs, fixtures, and gauges, including but not limited to 3d printing, woodworking, and machining
- create and edit SOPs and quality sheets
- daily check-in with the production supervisor to review and discuss the CNC schedule
- weekly check-in with COO
- Must be able to read Calipers and a ruler to 1/64”
- CNC programming experience in Mastercam and Solidworks preferred
Schacht provides health and retirement benefits, dental reimbursement, life insurance, and paid vacation/ time off. Choose a 4-10 hour shift (M-Th or T-F) or a 5x 9-hour shift with a short Friday.
Schacht Spindle Company is a family-owned business that has been based in Boulder, Colorado, since 1969.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 – $28.00 per hour
Apply at: Schacht Careers