Community Engagement Manager, Craft Industry Alliance
Reports to: Co-Founder
Classification: Part-time freelance
Hours: 5 hours/ week (flexible days and times)
Location: This is a remote position.
Job Summary: The Community Manager is responsible for managing the Craft Industry Alliance Facebook group.
- Vetting new applicants to ensure they are paid members of the organization.
- Deleting members from the group whose membership has lapsed.
- Enforcing community guidelines with members to ensure a respectful dialogue.
- Revisiting community guidelines and editing as needed.
- Collaborate with the co-founder to identify key community engagement metrics and maintaining an engagement dashboard in order to measure key data points over time.
- Posting discussion prompts in the Facebook group 2-3 times a week that help members think through their business conundrums, build community, and network with one another.
- Developing a strong understanding of Craft Industry Alliance’s content in order to refer members to relevant articles, webinars, and courses that answer their questions.
- Meeting with the co-founder every other week to review progress, discuss issues that have come up, and plan.
- Attending and participating in quarterly content planning meeting with the entire team.
- A strong understanding of the craft community and the needs of small business owners.
- Excellent judgment and a deliberate, level-headed approach to conflict resolution in online communities.
- A strong understanding of the features of Facebook groups including analytics.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Comfort with WordPress, Zoom. A willingness to use Slack.
- Experience leading and inspiring groups of small business owners and creatives.
- Decision making
- Goal setting
- Data analytics
- Organization, planning, and prioritizing work
- Communication proficiency
- Technical skills
- This position is primarily sitting with some occasional standing, bending, and lifting (up to 25 pounds)
- Repetitive use of hands and fingers while operating a keyboard.
Craft Industry Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.