Community Manager and Outreach Coordinator
Job Summary: The Community Manager and Outreach Coordinator manages the Craft Industry Alliance community and works to grow the organization’s membership.
- Writing occasional articles on newsworthy topics relevant to the crafts industry
- Contributing to an ongoing list of topic ideas for the Journal, blog, podcast guests, and webinars that would be relevant to members
- Work with the co-founder to source content for the weekly Journal newsletter
- Managing member flow in the Facebook group (accepting new members, deleting canceled members).
- Posting discussion prompts in the Facebook group 2-3 times per week that help members think through business-related ideas and network with one another.
- Moderate and respond to comments in the Facebook group to keep healthy conversation flowing.
- Reach out to relevant news outlets, bloggers, and social media influencers to help raise awareness of Craft Industry Alliance and gain more media coverage.
- Collaborate with the co-founder on exploring Facebook or Instagram ad campaigns to drive membership signups.
- Write the monthly affiliate newsletter.
- Coordinate with co-founder to build email marketing campaigns to grow subscriber base.
- A strong understanding of the craft community and the needs of craft business owners.
- Knowledge of ecommerce, blogging, and the social media landscape.
- Familiarity with Facebook groups.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of WordPress. Willingness to learn Memberpress.
- Willingness to use Slack.
- Experience leading and inspiring groups of small business owners and creatives.
- Decision making
- Organization, planning, and prioritizing work
- Communication proficiency
- Technical skills
- This position is primarily sitting with some occasional standing, bending, and lifting (up to 25 pounds)
- Repetitive use of hands and fingers while operating a keyboard.
Craft Industry Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Hours: 7 hours/ week (flexible days and times)
Location: This is a remote position.