Part time (up to 20 hours), hourly rate $20/hour, negotiable depending on experience.
Folkwear, LLC is a 43-year-old sewing pattern company, undergoing a revitalization, that creates sewing patterns for folk and historic clothing from around the world. We sell sewing patterns, both retail and wholesale, to customers all over the globe. Folkwear has grown significantly in the last several years and we are hiring a Creative Assistant to join our team to help continue our growth in this dynamic and creative sector of the craft industry. We are looking for a creative person with a great work ethic and ability to work in a team to help write pattern instructions, create sewing samples, format and create downloadable patterns, create tutorials and videos, and help with social media marketing. We have a fun office with flexible work conditions and hours, and with some potential for working from home. Folkwear is located in Fairview, NC, about 6 miles southeast of Asheville.
- Cutting and sewing samples and muslins of new (and old) patterns
- Creating tutorials for sewing techniques used in our patterns (some of these are hand sewing techniques)
- Creating videos for Folkwear’s YouTube channel (tutorials, etc.)
- Writing and editing instructions for sewing patterns
- Illustrating sewing pattern instructions
- Formatting, writing, and editing PDF patterns
- Creating content and posting on social media
- Self-motivated, works toward deadlines successfully, positive, reliable
- Advanced garment sewing skills; helpful to have some fitting experience
- Proficiency in Word and other Microsoft Office tools such as Excel,
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and other Creative Suite programs such as InDesign and Photoshop, though we are also willing to train
- Basic photography and videography skills
- Excellent writing skills
To apply, send cover letter and resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15 (midnight, EST).