Custom Sewing and Finishing Specialist, Beatrice Forms
Location: Boulder, CO
Hours: 20 hours/week (flexible days/times)
Employment Type: Part-time
About this Position
We’re looking for an experienced, creative, and detail-oriented custom garment sewist to join our team at Beatrice Forms starting in July.
This team member will play a vital role in finishing and delivering the highest quality 3D scan dress forms on the market, helping makers finally achieve their dream of making clothing that actually fit real peoples’ one-of-a-kind shapes.
This position has potential for advancement/promotion either in client education or performing digital model editing, if that is of interest.
The Person Who Will Love This Job…
- Loves handcrafting beautiful one-of-a-kind things
- Enjoys solving novel problems and wearing many hats in their job
- Is happy working independently
What You’ll Do
- Draft and sew custom form covers from measurements using a serger & coverstitch
- Cover and finish dress forms with the utmost care and respect using a steamer and iron
- Pack and ship dress forms and personalized body scanning kits
- Manage orders, inventory, and communicate online with the team using Slack, AirTable, GSuite, etc.
You Should Have
- Custom garment sewing, fitting and altering experience, having been traditionally trained or self-taught
- Experience using a serger and/or coverstitch machine
- Some pattern drafting knowledge and be familiar with related terminology
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Comfortable and open to using online productivity tools
Nice to have but not required
- Professional commercial apparel design experience
- Other crafting and/or artistic experience
Physical & Other Requirements
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 40 lb boxes
- Must be fully COVID vaccinated before start date (required for all employees, but will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons)
Why work with us?
We’re a growing startup that cares passionately about supporting garment creators in getting beautiful, well-fitting results no matter if they’re sewing for themselves at home or costuming actors for a major film production. If you’re excited about being a part of something new and innovative in the sewing industry that’s solving real problems for creatives in all sizes and shapes, this job is for you.
Other job perks include:
- Personal custom Beatrice for employees at cost (50% off)
- Private studio located inside a fun, creative setting (The Studio (Boulder)) with a kitchen and free coffee/tea/snacks
- On-site parking
- Can bring a well-behaved dog to work
Who We Are
We are Beatrice Forms and we’re the first and only company in the world to make custom dress forms from smartphone 3D body scans. Unlike standard forms, each Beatrice is a one-of-a-kind replica of a real person, so garment creators can actually use it to make personalized handmade fashion that fits. Through our supportive process, we partner with both at-home makers and industry professionals to empower them in seeing and celebrating the shapes of real people.
How to apply
Please email your resume and a cover letter. Please be sure to answer the following question in your letter: “What’s your favorite thing you’ve created by hand?”
Beatrice Forms provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.