Executive Director – National Quilt Museum
Are you an inspiring and creative leader with a passion for building a strong team culture and fostering meaningful community and business partnerships? Do you have a proven record of leadership, delivering exceptional customer experiences, driving revenue, and fundraising results? If so, we are seeking an enthusiastic Executive Director to lead The National Quilt Museum. As the Executive Director, you will play a vital role in overseeing all aspects of our operations, driving our mission forward, and making a positive meaningful impact within the quilting as well as local community. The Executive Director will partner with and report to the Board of Directors.
- Model and promote our organization’s core values and passion for quilts, quilting and quilters. Emphasizing and driving these values through energetic leadership throughout all interactions and experiences.
- Cultivate a performance-oriented culture, promoting accountability, empowerment, and excellence among the staff.
- Provide inspirational leadership to our staff, offering guidance, motivation, development, accountability, and support, while aligning all with our goals and priorities.
- Create, develop, and execute stewardship, development plans, and tactics that foster strong relationships with supporters, volunteers, partners, donors, businesses, and community leaders to achieve annual objectives.
- Oversee and execute the annual budget, identifying opportunities for revenue and donation growth, as well as cost savings and efficiencies in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Attract, develop, and retain a high-performing lean team, ensuring adherence to our core values and mission through defined processes, while measuring results.
- Implement and execute the National Quilt Museum brand vision and executional strategy, by creating, enhancing, and personalizing our visitors’ experiences.
- Represent the National Quilt Museum at public events and engagements, promoting our mission, programs, and outcomes to media, supporters, and partners, while building additional relationships within the quilting community.
- Three plus years in a nonprofit leadership role, with strong proven focus on leadership, culture, accountability, revenue and fund-raising generation, and community engagement.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., business administration or nonprofit management).
- Demonstrated management experience, including talent development, and building an inclusive, high-performing team, built on transparency and accountability.
- Proficiency in budget management and execution.
- Experience enhancing organizational reputation through effective communication, internally and externally, while utilizing various marketing and media methodologies and tactics.
- Experience and proven collaborator with staff, board of directors, community leaders and industry leaders.
- Personally passionate about the maker and creative community.
Qualities for Success
- Passionate about our mission and driven to be part of something bigger.
- Proven track record of driving and exceeding objectives and expectations.
- Financial acumen, with the ability to manage and understand P&L and balance sheet.
- Collaborative nature, skilled in building teams that respect diverse viewpoints and work together for success.
- Strong leadership and management abilities, encouraging high performance and professional growth.
- Detail-oriented, with a sense of urgency.
- Inquisitive, seeking clarity where and when needed.
- Open to learning from others and continuous improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, effectively articulating the organization’s mission.
Job Type: Full-time
Annual Salary: $75,000.00 – $80,000.00*
*Potential annual bonus based on achieving key annual objectives
As needed, occasionally, for special events, quilt industry meetings, and donor requests.
Ability to commute/relocate
215 Jefferson Street, Paducah, KY
Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required).
Email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to HR@Quiltmuseum.org
No phone calls, please.