Kit Club Crochet & Knitting Merchandising Product Manager/Buyer
Annie’s, located in Berne & Fort Wayne IN, is a rapidly growing, media division of DRG and our products include magazines, books, kits and supplies, online classes and TV programming, which are targeted to home and family interests, including crafts, nostalgia and home décor. It is part of the third generation Muselman family business.
Annie’s promise is to deliver exceptional products that enable creativity, nurture memories and uphold positive values. We are committed to a culture that attracts, motivates, inspires and retains extraordinary people in an environment characterized by a positive outlook, innovation, respect, integrity and family values. Come work with us!
The crochet and knitting kit club product manager/buyer is responsible for merchandising and managing the day-to-day operations of Annies crochet and knitting subscription kit clubs including Annies Love to Crochet Kit Club, Annies Love to Knit Kit Club, Annies Caring Crochet Club and Annies Love to Knit Socks Kit Club. The kit club product manager/buyer is responsible for initial kit development including developing the kit pattern design, merchandising yarn, working with yarn vendors and contract stitchers, reviewing and approving samples and overseeing the instruction leaflet and video creation process. Position will be located on site in Fort Wayne office.
- Reports to VP Products
- Merchandise and manage development and day-to-day operations of crochet and knitting subscription kit club businesses.
- Develop yearly line-up of shipments and kits that will attract and please customers.
- Work closely with Annies in-house crochet and knit designer to develop projects for kit leaflet. Also research and choose repurposed patterns to feature in kits.
- Coordinate on-camera video instruction for each kit.
- Coordinate stitchers for kits.
- Review pattern leaflets for accuracy.
- Research crochet and knitting trends through online and in-person market research and in-depth knowledge of Annies publications.
- Accurately input kit specifications into company database.
- Work closely with Purchasing department to request quotes and source kits with several established domestic and overseas yarn vendors and manufacturers.
- Use organizational skills to manage kit development, production and fulfillment schedules.
- Collaborate with photo departments to execute strong website and pattern leaflet photography.
- Create annual budget for assigned kit clubs.
- Track landed cost of goods for kits.
- Collaborate with Annies operations department to manage inventory and schedule excess kit fulfillment.
- Collaborate with marketing to provide product clarity, accuracy and valuation in promotional efforts on assigned kit clubs.
- Develop skills and competencies of support staff.
- Regularly update product images featured on www.AnniesKitClubs.com.
- Evaluate individual kit feedback provided by club member feedback surveys.
- Ongoing research of competitive kit clubs. Stay current on other innovative companies in the subscription box industry.
- Maintain strong communication with VP Products and Senior Product Manager.
- Maintain or improve member retention of each kit club within area of responsibility.
- Develop and source 13-16 kits per club per year within approved landed cost of goods budget and weight limitations.
- Build positive relationships with Annies teams in kit product, operations, purchasing, marketing, web development, editorial, photography and art departments.
- Able to sit or stand at a desk for 8 hours.
- Fluent in English, verbally and in written form.
- Able to go up and down stairs.
- Able to see clearly and all colors.
- Able to travel nationally and internationally by airplane.
- Able to lift and carry more than 40 pounds up to 100 feet on occasion.
- Four-year college degree in merchandising, project management or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years project management skills and experience.
- Intermediate or higher skill level in crochet and knitting.
- Crochet and knitting design experience a strong plus.
- Competent in MS Office.
- Mandatory computer key boarding skills and can use multiple programs at the same time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and can demonstrate professional telephone and email etiquette.
- Exceptional organizational, listening, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Able to deal with multiple tasks at the same time while maintaining attention to detail.
- Be able to adapt to constant change and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Be creative and forward thinking when faced with challenges.
- Gets along well with many different types of people.