Signing bonus with this position!
Schacht Spindle Company is the respected producer of sought-after spinning and weaving equipment used by craftspeople and fiber artists around the world.
We are looking for a millworker/ material handler to be a critical link in our team who can keep our shop operating smoothly by managing the flow of materials through our facility and milling raw lumber to tight specifications for use by our CNC operators and other skilled woodworkers.
Previous millwork/ woodworking experience and forklift certification highly desirable. The position requires use of a rip saw, cut-off saw, and 5-head moulder, as well as other woodworking machinery. We will provide thorough training regardless of previous experience.
Part-time positions are available, with flexible schedules. Staff have the option of selecting a five-day work week, or working four 10-hour days and having a three-day weekend.
- Enjoy using their independence and initiative
- Show pride in their ability to mill materials to close tolerances
- Can be patient and wise while adjusting and operating complicated and powerful machinery.
- This position requires that candidate be able to lift 50 lbs. with or without accommodations.
- Are methodical and organized.
- Can work cooperatively with the rest of the talented staff.
What We Offer you:
- Competitive wages and real benefits. In addition to wages that rival or surpass other shops, Schacht provides health and retirement benefits, dental reimbursement, life insurance, paid vacation/ time off, and short work days on Friday to get to where you need to go before everyone else
- Safer work environment. Schacht has gone to great lengths to reduce workplace risks. Our shop utilizes super-efficient dust collection, power feeders and pneumatic hold-downs to keep hands safe, and computerized machines to reduce guesswork.
- Not the average woodshop. Broaden your skill level. At Schacht, woodworkers will be trained to use a collection of machines not found in standard cabinet shops. In addition to industrial CNC machines, we use a variety of computer-driven tools from cut-off saws and tenoners to wide-belt sanders that allow us to get to super-tight tolerances as safely as possible.
- Great job security. Our company has been around for over 50 years and enjoys an international reputation for excellence. Our business is not prone to the ups and downs of the housing market and their consequent layoffs.
Include an up-to-date resume and details about your experience.