SVP Worldwide, the world’s largest consumer sewing machine company, is looking for a creative and motivated Sales Associate at our Viking Sewing Gallery department located inside Jo-Ann Fabric & Crafts store. The company and its three iconic brands – SINGER®, VIKING®, and PFAFF® – have delighted consumers for over 460 years. These premium brands and products are regarded as the choice for serious sewists and novice crafters.
The Viking Sewing Gallery channel within SVP Worldwide was established 25 years ago and has grown from a small operation to its current state of over 170 store locations, employing more than 600 team members across 36 states. Most of our Retail stores are located inside JOANN Fabrics & Crafts. We operate 3 Free-Standing locations. This chain of retail locations contributes substantially to the overall company profits and is strategically important as it is focused on the most premium/valuable consumers. The chain sells a disproportionate amount of the company’s highest margin products (e.g., MSRP>$5,000). Its product portfolio includes the brands of SINGER®, HUSQVARNA VIKING® and mySewnet® covering entry-level sewing machines all the way up to advanced, internet-connected, leading-edge household sewing machines and all segments in-between. In addition to sewing machines, the product portfolio includes sewing accessories and notions as well as embroidery software. Services available with the Viking Sewing Galleries include assisted sales through demonstrations, sewing machine repair service, free machine operation classes, consumer classes and events.
SVP Worldwide continues to weave our culture into the fabric of our team members by living out our core values of Integrity & Trust, Teamwork and Customer Focus. As our industry continues to grow, there are vast opportunities for new team members who share our commitment to delivering the world’s finest sewing products, service and overall customer experience.
The Sales Associate will work under the direction of the Retail Manager.
- Flexible Schedules for your work/life balance
- Generous employee discounts
- An opportunity to let your creative juices flow
We Offer You:
- Professional growth opportunities within a global company
- An opportunity to share your passion with the world!
- Strong customer service skills and creative sales techniques in support of product feature and benefits, product location, price, and use of merchandise
- Assistance with the set-up of advertising displays or arrangements of merchandise to promote sales in an attractive and functional manner, obtaining maximum exhibition and demonstration advantages
- Participation in training with company products to ensure a working knowledge and the ability to demonstrate sewing machines, sergers, presses, etc.
- Efficiency with point-of-sale system
- Organization, attention to detail, and the ability to adhere to operational processes
- Creativity and the desire to contribute to a positive team environment
- The ability to teach various classes with the intent to sell
- Under the store manager’s direction, responsible for facilitating Owner’s Classes, clubs, demos, and Creative Classes as requested
It Would Be Great if You Have:
- 1+ years of retail/sales experience with the proven track record of success
- Sewing experience and knowledge of our product lines
- Computer proficiency
- The desire to share the love you have for sewing with the general public
You will need to be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation, including:
- Must be able to adjust controls on sewing machines and change product placements
- Repetitive motions such as lifting and turning (for example: lifting a sewing machine and placing it in a shopping cart, on a checkout counter, or on a display shelf)
- Team Members may be required to retrieve or reposition products
- Must be able to inspect and analyze data and learn technical manuals
- Communication with customers via telephone and computer. Must be able to receive and convey information
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for (5 – 7 hours)
- Must be able to demonstrate machines in a stationary position while operating the machine
- Must ascend or descend ladder to retrieve or put away products weighing up to 50lbs from shelving up to 14 ft high
Please apply at one of our 170+ locations across the country: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=4e182763-1f32-44f9-95a3-aacc5d6cbee6&ccId=764058584_1182&type=MP&lang=en_US
At SVP Worldwide, we celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion and strive to employ a unique workforce that is reflective of our consumers across the globe. SVP Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit and qualifications. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
SVP Worldwide prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.