The Sales Associate performs vital sales and service support, including interfacing with customers over the phone and via email. Duties include, selling, order taking, data entry, record-keeping, correspondence, and special research projects. Strong communication skills are a must, as well as knowledge of weaving and/or spinning. Must have mastery of Microsoft Office programs and comfortable with technology.
Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility are important for this position in order to work well with both customers and fellow employees in a relaxed but busy office environment. The successful applicant must have knowledge of weaving and spinning.
Sales Associate Tasks
- Greet visitors and callers, route and respond to information requests.
- Answer the phone, take orders, upsell, provide product information.
- Offer ideas for sales outreach and special projects.
- Direct calls to the correct person as needed.
- May involve attending trade and consumer shows.
- Customer service tasks include problem solving and information assistance.
- Correspondence, data compilation, and statistical reporting.
- Be an integral part of the sales team.
Schacht Spindle Company, Inc., is a manufacturing woodworking company in the niche craft market of weaving and spinning. Established in 1969, Schacht Spindle Co., Inc., is a family owned enterprise with a focus on quality products and creative approaches to product design, manufacture, and customer outreach. The company is located in Boulder, Colorado.