Craft Industry Alliance is looking to hire a Social Media Manager.
Reports to: Community Manager and Outreach Coordinator
Hours: 5 hours/ week (flexible days and times)
Location: This is a remote position.
Job Summary: The Social Media Manager is responsible for maintaining and growing Craft Industry Alliance’s Instagram account in order to increase brand awareness, build community, and grow membership.
- Create images to post on the Craft Industry Alliance Instagram feed and Stories daily.
- Write compelling captions for the Instagram feed
- Seek out member-generated content to repost
- Do hashtag research to improve visibility of posts
- Interact with other accounts by liking, commenting, and following
- Reply to Instagram comments and inquiries in the feed and through DMs
- Work to grow the #CIAmember hashtag
- Generate ideas for Instagram campaigns and contests
- Create templates that can be used for both Stories and the feed for visual consistency
- Use analytics to continually optimize the Instagram account’s effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- A strong understanding of the craft community and the needs of craft business owners.
- Graphic design skills using the Adobe Suite (Photoshop and/or Illustrator).
- Skilled at using a scheduler such as Later or Planoly.
- Team player who seeks feedback to grow and develop new skills.
- Strong English language writing skills including grammar and spelling.
- Creative idea generator interested in working with a small, remote team and a growing company.
- Decision making
- Organization, planning, and prioritizing work
- Communication proficiency
- Technical skills
- This position is primarily sitting with some occasional standing, bending, and lifting (up to 25 pounds)
- Repetitive use of hands and fingers while operating a keyboard and smartphone.
Craft Industry Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.