Do you love social media? Do you love yarn?
We are looking for someone to create community and educate and inspire String Theory’s customers (both local and online) through social media.
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST WILL:
- Preferably have some college or professional training in marketing, communications, public relations or journalism
- represent our brand online
- manage our social media accounts
- be willing to learn; social media changes regularly and you’ll need to know about current best practices and options
- have a passion for our products, customers, and mission
- be able to work easily with our team to project the right messages
- work some weekends & evenings to photograph events (if local)
- It’s also great if you are:
- Knowledgeable about knitting &/or crochet, yarn & pattern terms
- Passionate about good yarn
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST WORK DUTIES:
- Work approximately 10 hours per week
- Report to the founder, Janet Avila weekly to review social media content, strategy, and analytics
- Do two in-store photo shoots of new products and events per month (if local)
- Create a variety of posts (video, graphics, photos) that result in a stronger community and increased sales
- Schedule daily posts on our social media accounts
- Write product and collection descriptions for our website
SOME PERKS OF WORKING AT STRING THEORY:
- a fun place to work with fabulous customers,
- generous employee discount,
- part-time scheduling,
- a creative & friendly environment
- option to grow and take on additional responsibility
Please send your resume and cover letter to Janet Avila firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: Social Media Specialist Application
In your resume, please include 2 references who can speak to the requirements above.
In your cover letter, please explain how your special talents would contribute to the success of String Theory.
AND send a video of why YOU would be great at this job via Instagram’s direct message to @stringtheoryyarnco
At String Theory, we’ve created a culture of inclusiveness and community.
We are an anti-racist business and strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We value, respect, and support all types of diversity across all identities including, but not limited to,
ethnicity, race, gender, LQBTQIA, age, religion and abilities.