Social Media Specialist
Miss Babs produces hand-dyed yarns for hand knitters, crocheters, weavers, and other fiber artists from our studio in eastern Tennessee.
We strive to create an environment where hard work and fair play are appreciated and rewarded. Each employee brings value and perspective to our team, our products and our customers. We encourage individual creativity and support each other in learning and sharing new crafting experiences. As a team, we are committed to providing a positive and respectful workplace, where you can excel and be part of our creative journey.
We are looking for a qualified Social Media Specialist to join the Miss Babs team. We are looking for an individual who will help us engage with customers both online and in person.
If you are a creative professional working within the digital marketing environment as well as an outgoing, passionate fiber artist who loves color, we would like to meet you. We are committed to inclusivity, and are looking for someone who recognizes the importance of building and growing a community that is welcoming and supportive to all.
This position is suitable for remote candidates – our ideal candidate will be able to be in our Mountain City, TN studio 2-3 times per year.
- Implements social media and communication marketing campaigns in coordination with management team
- Creates engaging text, image, blog, and video content for social media accounts with accessibility and inclusiveness at top of mind in all forms of communication
- Builds welcoming, supportive relationships with customers, potential customers, and industry professionals both online (daily) and in person (at shows)
- Attends fiber festivals, shows, and trunk shows to meet and engage with customers in person
- Stays up-to-date with technology and industry trends
- Is available to be at the studio in Mountain City, TN 2-3 times per year, and to travel to shows throughout the US 4-6 times per year (after we return to in-person shows).
- Four-year undergraduate degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience with social media management
- Ability to plan work in advance, execute work independently, and meet deadlines with attention to detail
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to track multiple ongoing projects
- Familiarity with Mac environment
- Experience in fiber arts such as knitting, crochet, weaving, etc – intermediate skill level or better
- Photography and photo editing skills (with your smartphone is ok!)
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business, Graphic Design or related fields
- Fluency with Ravelry, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, plus tools to facilitate communication within these platforms
- Familiarity with Adobe CS
- Experience with display or print advertising
- Ability to identify and track relevant market analytics and community metrics (e.g. repeat purchases)
- Proven work experience as a community manager
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has a familiarity with the Miss Babs brand and products
- Loves hand-dyed yarn and is familiar with using it, and is an advocate for customers’ success
- Has a social presence that is compatible with our brand and our community
- Is genuinely engaged in and supportive of the fiber arts community
- Is able to effectively manage multiple online platforms
- Is able to effectively listen and engage online and in person, to facilitate and moderate conversations and relationships within our community
- Is committed to inclusion and the importance of building and growing a community that is welcoming and supportive
- Is upbeat, positive, and outgoing
We would like to see the following:
- Brief cover letter, including:
- Link to your Ravelry Project Gallery, or somewhere else we can see your creative work
- Links to other social media profiles that show off your abilities and suitability for the position
Salary and benefits
This is a half-time employee position, with potential for increased hours and responsibilities. Benefits include retirement options as well as paid time off which covers sick leave, vacation, and holidays. (And a discount on yarn!) Salary to be negotiated based on experience.
Closing date: July 17, 2020