SweetGeorgia is hiring! — Customer Care Associate & Administrative Assistant
We love each and every one of our customers and want to do our very best to ensure their happiness. It’s a big job. And it’s quite a varied job too — one that requires a lot of different skills and abilities. You’ll be the first person that customers connect with when they visit or call the studio or send an email, so you’ll also be responsible for making sure that all our visitors are greeted with a smile and that the storefront is always tidy, stocked, and welcoming. You’ll also be providing comprehensive administrative support to our team at SweetGeorgia (both in-studio production team as well as our off-site sales reps). This includes everything from making sure that all our customer orders are entered swiftly into our accounting and production tracking systems to preparing occasional shipments.
What we’re looking for…
- you have experience working in an office administration or retail storefront capacity.
- you are organized, tidy, and have no problems prioritizing (or juggling competing priorities).
- you have a LOT of initiative. If something looks out of place, you like to find a home for it. If something could be improved, you help make it right without waiting for someone else to do it.
- you are detail-oriented without being paralyzed by perfection.
- you are able to work gracefully under pressure.
- you’re a people person — you’ll be the first person that visitors see/talk to so we want to make sure that all our visitors and customers have a great impression and experience with us.
- you must be able to work independently as a self-starter as well as part of our collaborative team.
What it’s like to work with us…
- We work tirelessly to delight our customers.
- We aim to appreciate and utilize all your talents. We actively try to find ways to create varied work for everyone.
- We work from a place of gratitude and service towards our customers and to each other.
- Working in a production dye studio environment can be like working in a hot, commercial kitchen, and it’s not always super glamorous, but we don’t mind.
- We believe in continual learning and encourage training and continuing education in work-related skills as well as crafts.
- Answering all phone calls
- Managing and responding to messages received through phone, fax, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Handling emailed customer service requests to SweetGeorgia and the School of SweetGeorgia through our help desk software
- Assisting customers in the studio shop with their knitting yarn or spinning fibre purchases
- Maintaining the appearance and tidiness of the SweetGeorgia studio front shop
- Reconciling the cash till for the front shop on a daily basis
- Preparing shipments via Canada Post
- Reporting to the Sales Operations Manager as needed
- Assisting with day-to-day studio maintenance
- Assisting with general studio activities and events
- Assisting with trade shows and events both in and out of Vancouver
- Maintaining kitchen, lunchroom, and office supplies
It’s a plus if you have…
- Experience with knitting, crochet, weaving, spinning or other related craft
- Warehouse operations experience
- Retail storefront experience
- Familiarity with Gmail, Ravelry, Dropbox, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign)
- Experience working in a Mac-based environment