Territory Sales Representative – AKA Sales guru, expert, marvel, or at least a pretty decent peddler of quilt fabric wanted!
When applying please answer the following question: How do you help your customers succeed?
About us: We’re just like everyone else, sort of 😉
Midwest Textiles & Supplies (MTS) is an industry leader in quality quilt fabrics, embroidery supplies, & converting services for the wholesale market. We distribute multiple branded fabric lines plus design & distribute our own quality fabric line – RB Studios.
Our goal is to provide exceptional service & solutions from our unique position in the industry. Centrally located in the US we are the largest of our kind. Utilizing our specialized in-house capabilities to bring innovative product lines & services to this market is the focus of our organization.
Sales position: A happy & well–adjusted/paid sales representative should possess the following skills.
- Understanding of sales processes and a solution based guide for customers.
- Listening to understand; not to respond – Ability to explore the needs & find solutions for the customers!
- Non-stop prospecting – via phone, internet, industry leads, networking & social media – Seriously it’s a way of life.
- Service, service, service – Consultative & solution based sales approach is paramount to providing the level of service needed at the quilt shop level. HELP shops set themselves apart from both brick & mortar shops & e-commerce competitors. Each is unique! We have the solution too!
- Have vehicle will travel attitude – Honestly, it’s a travel job within a set state or territory.
- Growth mindset – 90% of the job is setting appointments, getting out, & showing up – just do it! (no swoosh required ).
- Excitement and enthusiasm for the industry – Creative, crafty, & dedicated to the art of all things fabric is more than helpful.
What we provide:
- Inside sales support.
- Fully established territory & leads.
- Direct marketing support.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Over $3,500 annually in sales materials.
- Unfair advantage – Unique products, services, & capabilities not offered by competitors (yours to exploit ;).
- Monthly commission payment.
- Ecommerce commissions (sales threshold requirements).
- Family owned & oriented
- Fiscally sound & stable
- Fast-paced & energetic
- Service-minded to a fault
This position is as an independent sales representative (1099) & commission-based.
Please inquire about specific territories & state availability. (Multiple territories open)
Discloser of Obligatory Sales Skills Desired:
- Product Knowledge
- Strategic Prospecting Skills
- Rapport Building on the Call
- Upfront Contracts
- Active Listening
- Qualification Questioning
- Time Management
- Objection Prevention
- Objection Handling
- Demo skills
- Gaining Commitment
- Closing Techniques
- Post-Sale Relationship Management