Textiles Inside Sales Representative
Benartex, a leading supplier of high quality cotton prints for the quilting and crafts industry, is looking for a motivated Fabric Sales Representative covering the Texas and Oklahoma territory. With over 40 years in the industry, our company has a strong reputation for quality, reliability as well as innovation, and the ideal candidate will be able to capitalize on it to develop these valuable markets. The sales representative will have a strong understanding of the sales process and excel at generating leads, building relationships, and closing deals. With the full support and mentoring of our management team, the ideal candidate will be a quick learner who has strong negotiating skills and an ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. Occasionally tasked with giving presentations and attending regional events and trade shows, the sales representative must be both personable and professional, with the ability to listen to clients and provide them with outstanding sales support. This is a great opportunity to build a successful high-income career in professional business-to-business sales with the backing of a reputable company.
Objectives of this role
- Represent the company’s products and services to independent retail stores, online business and manufacturers in the assigned territory by using deep and comprehensive knowledge of how our solutions meet the needs of customers.
- Take ownership of our company sales plans for each existing account in assigned territories and achieve weekly, monthly, and annual sales quotas by successfully implementing sales and marketing strategies and tactics.
- Generate leads, build relationships and drive sales by organizing daily work schedule to call on/travel to existing and potential customers. Occasional weekends may be required
- Develop and implement territory action plan using comprehensive data analysis, and adjust sales techniques according to interactions and results in the field.
- Maintain working relationships with existing clients to ensure that they receive exceptional service and to identify potential new sales opportunities.
- Identify prospects, set appointments, make effective qualifying sales calls, and manage sales cycle to close new business in all service categories.
- Possess in-depth product knowledge and be able to conduct demos and handle objections.
- Prepare concise and accurate reports, proposals, booking packages, and other required documentation for executive-level presentations.
- Achieve sales goals by assessing current client needs and following a defined selling process with potential buyers, often including product demos and presentations.
- Coordinate with sales manager to ensure that quotas are being met and company standards are being upheld.
Required skills and qualifications
- Three or more years of sales experience within a similar industry and/or able to demonstrate genuine enthusiasm for the sewers, makers and quilters who are the driving force of this industry.
- Desire to provide the best possible experience for our customers including excellent follow-up skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to balance persuasion with professionalism
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Proficiency with email, MS-Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Proven success rate at levels above sales quota.
- Ability to travel at least 80% of the time to customer location and events.
Essential Physical demands
The position requires the ability to walk, stand, and move about. Driving to include the transporting of fabric samples in cases about the size of airline carry-on luggage. Lifting and carrying sample products. Work a flexible schedule as needed to include some weekend tradeshow travel.
Please note that this job description is not designed to provide a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 401(k) matching
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home