Social media is engaging, fun, and great for business, but we all know that it can also be a colossal waste of time. If you’re using Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram to engage your community, increase site visits, and grow your revenue, it’s important to know what works and what doesn’t. All the social media platforms have some built-in analytics, plus there are lots of paid and free apps that show you even more.
Despite all this information at your fingertips, it’s sometimes hard to see the forest through the trees when it comes to site data. Businesses who are successful at social media know that it’s important to pay attention to what works and what doesn’t when it comes to posting, pinning, tweeting, and sharing. We’ve created this very low-tech solution for keeping track of your social media efforts. We suggest focusing on one platform for a couple of weeks to see how your community engages with different types of posts at different times of day. Here’s where to find the data, assuming you have a business account set up for each of the platforms.
- Go to your business page
- Click Insights in the top menu
- Use the menu on the left to view. (Overview and Posts are most helpful for this exercise.)
- Go to your account
- Click Analytics>Overview in the top left menu
- Click Analytics>Website to see data about pins from your site
- Login to Twitter
- Click your avatar in the top right menu and choose Analytics
- Go to your profile
- Click the Insights icon (4 vertical lines, top right)