Whether you’re just launching your business, are ready to take it to the next level, or are here to share your expertise, we welcome your participation.
Our members include craft industry professionals who are:
- pattern designers
- service providers (long-arm quilters, tailors, etc.)
- book authors
- surface pattern designers
- makers and sellers
- shop owners
- pro bloggers
- craft educators
- craft supply manufacturers
Our community is a supportive space, filled with forward-thinking, passionate business owners.
Craft professionals who join our forums and groups come here to problem-solve, brainstorm, learn and connect with other small business owners. As a community, we believe:
- In a new era of entrepreneurship in which people work for themselves, but collaborate with others.
- In an abundance of opportunities.
- That “the competition” can be an ally.
- In the power of collective wisdom and shared knowledge.
Join today and add your voice to the conversation!
Our members receive:
- A subscription to our bi-weekly, professionally-written, online journal packed with craft industry news and analysis, and articles that address the business issues most important to craft industry professionals.
- Access to a vibrant online community of industry professionals through our secure, online forums and specialized groups.
- A library of business resources filled with printables, templates, check-lists, content ideas, service providers, wholesale sources, and more.
- Access to webinars with legal, accounting, social media, and other professionals.
- Access to archived issues of the journal.
- Access to our twice-monthly Coffee Klatsch, an online open-agenda meeting among members.
- Invitations to in-person meet-ups.
The Craft Industry Alliance Journal is our bi-weekly online journal full of reliable information for craft industry professionals. In each issue you might find:
- Well-researched, in-depth, timely articles by paid writers
- Profiles and interviews
- Trend reports
- Essays and editorials
- Handy printables
- Editable worksheets and templates
Each issue of The Journal is thematic and includes a corresponding area in the forum where you can talk to the authors and other members of the community about what you’ve read, sparking new conversations, connections and ideas.
The Central Topics
In our Journal, our forums, our groups and our webinars, we’re committed to addressing issues that are important to craft industry professionals. These include:
- Accounting and taxes
- Banking and payment processing
- Branding, marketing and advertising
- Conferences and trade shows
- Craft industry news, demographics and trends
- Employees and contractors
- Photography, graphics and website design
- Legal issues
- Manufacturing and selling
- Social media and blogging
- Teaching and training
- Writing and publishing
: a relationship in which people agree to work together
: the state of being joined in some activity or effort : the state of being allied