Our members receive:
- A subscription to our bi-weekly, professionally-written, online journal packed with craft industry news and analysis, and articles that address the business issues most important to craft industry professionals.
- Access to a vibrant online community of industry professionals through our secure, online forums and specialized groups.
- A library of business resources filled with printables, templates, check-lists, content ideas, service providers, wholesale sources, and more.
- Access to webinars with legal, accounting, social media, and other professionals.
- Access to archived issues of the journal.
- Access to our twice-monthly Coffee Klatsch, an online open-agenda meeting among members.
- Invitations to in-person meet-ups.
If you are a member, you can visit our Member Benefits page to access more details and link to each benefit.
3-month free trial
More than 40,000 companies across the US choose Gusto for its easy-to-use payroll software, friendly US-based customer support, and focus on helping to keep your business compliant.
- Automated local, state, and federal tax payments to help with compliance
- Employee self-onboarding with automatic collection of I-9s, W-4s, and direct deposits
- Seamless integrations with financial software like Quickbooks, Xero, and Freshbooks
Studio Art Quilt Associates
10% off membership
- Exhibit your quilts around the world
- Find mentors to help grow your business
- Get access to hundreds of webinars and articles
American Tapestry Alliance
10% off Circle level membership
The American Tapestry Alliance (ATA) is a member-run organization that provides resources and opportunities for tapestry weavers of all levels of experience: beginning, mid-level and professional. ATA publishes a quarterly newsletter and monthly eNews and eKudos, highlighting tapestry events. They offer workshops, match mentors with weavers wanting to learn more and sponsor an array of awards. Exhibition opportunities include both juried and unjuried shows. ATA’s extensive website features the online TEx@ATA gallery, Artist Pages, showcasing members’ work, Educational Articles and many more useful resources. Inspirational, full color catalogs of our shows are available. Membership in ATA is open to all.
2 months free
ShipStation™ is the leading web-based shipping solution that helps e-commerce retailers import, manage, automate, and ship their orders quickly and easily from any web browser. ShipStation features the most integrations with over 150 shopping carts, marketplaces, package carriers, and fulfillment services. ShipStation’s many integration partners include eBay, Jet, PayPal, Amazon, Etsy, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Shopify Plus, Squarespace, and Magento. ShipStation also integrates with carriers such as FedEx, USPS, UPS, Canada Post, Australia Post, Royal Mail, and DHL. ShipStation has sophisticated automation features such as automated order importing, custom best practice rules, product profiles, and fulfillment solutions that enable its users, wherever they sell and however they ship, to be exceptionally efficient at shipping orders. For more information, visit Shipstation.com.
The artist’s Courtyard
Free access for two months
The artist’s Courtyard is designed to add ease to the legalese of running your craft business. It is your guide, mentor, brain trust, and legal resource library.
Inside the artist’s Courtyard you’ll find:
- 24/7 access to your own brain trust so you can get your questions answered without falling down the Facebook rabbit hole
- Access to online workshops, Q&A sessions, mastermind calls, and more so you can get on-going guidance from your friendly legal eagle
- Access to legal templates, legalese translator, and course archives so you can confidently tackle your legal to-do list
- Ability to pinpoint the perfect resource via our Legal Roadmap so you can save time and only work on those legal projects that will make a big impact based on where you are in your business
As a member of Craft Industry Alliance, you can check out the artist’s Courtyard for free for two months!
20% off annual membership
Skillshare is an online learning community focused on providing education for talented makers like you! We’ve partnered with Skillshare to provide you a free 3mth Skillshare trial. Unlock access to over 10,000 classes on topics like Crafts, Design & Blogging.
25% off new Tailwind member discount
Tailwind makes marketing on Pinterest and Instagram easy. Their clever tool allows you to schedule posts in advance, and their timesaving features (like Tailwind Tribes, bulk image uploading, and multi-board pinning) help you to get a whole week of social media marketing accomplished in minutes! Their smart calendar even optimizes your posting times to make sure you’re sharing your content at the best possible times – when your audience are most engaged. Best of all, at just $10 per month for their annual plan, Tailwind is affordable for any blogger or small business.
$400 off the Strategic Analysis Report report
Stitchcraft is a niche marketing agency specializing in craft companies. The Strategic Analysis Report is a comprehensive analysis to help creative companies get a handle on their marketing program. After a thorough consult call and in-depth analysis of your business, the team will deliver a report that includes an audit of your existing program, feedback on your particular marketing pain points, results of a competitive analysis and strategy recommendations to take your biz to the next level.
15% off subscription
Fiber Art Network
20% off membership
The FANetwork is a community organization for artists, collectors, enthusiasts, and leaders in the fiber art and textiles community. Join today to access: grants and awards, opportunities to show and sell work, resources and promotions for teachers, discounts with partner organizations, online meet-ups for professional development, and full Fiber Art Now archives. A subscription to Fiber Art Now magazine is included with FANetwork membership.
10% off all wholesale orders
Darice is a premier wholesaler in the arts and crafts industry with over 60 years of trusted business. With over 45,000 items across several product categories, we’re your one source for supplies for your crafting hobby or business. Our top supply categories for makers include basic surfaces, beads, cording, macramé, wood, floral and more! Buying your supplies wholesale direct means more profit for you. Let us be your partner in craft with easy ordering, fast turnaround times and free shipping with our Freight Included program.
The following member benefits are provided through our partnership with Meridian One, a national provider of member benefits for groups and organizations. Questions? Call Meridian One customer service at 1-800-Members.
Hotels, vacation rentals & cruises
Take advantage of exclusive member savings on Hotels, Vacation Property Rentals, Cruises and Orlando Vacations. 20% off Wyndham Hotel, 15% off Red Roof Inn, and 10% off Motel 6.
Avis & Budget
CIA is excited to announce that our members can now save on vehicle rentals with Avis and Budget! These discounts are available on a wide selection of vehicles from eco-friendly and fuel efficient compacts and hybrids to stylish premium and luxury sedans. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, your CIA membership can help you save!
CIA members always receive up to 25% off your rental, plus enjoy additional offers like dollars off, a complimentary upgrade, or a free weekend day.
CIA members always save up to 25% off Budget base rates, plus get other great offers like dollars off, a complimentary upgrade, or a free weekend day.
computers, electronics and accessories
CIA is excited to announce a new member benefit program from Lenovo, a global leader in the PC marketplace. Members can now save up to 30% off the everyday public web price of Lenovo’s entire product line of laptops, tablets, desktops, servers, accessories, and more! Take advantage of great deals on top products for the home and office, including the award-winning ThinkPad laptops and innovative multimode YOGA tablets.
CIA members also receive:
- Free ground shipping on all web orders
- Monthly limited-time special offers
- Access to energy-efficient green technologies
- Award-winning service and support before, during, and after your purchase
Experience the Lenovo difference today!
discounts on copies and office supplies
We are excited to bring CIA members significant savings on office essentials at Office Depot.
The Office Depot Partner Program offers CIA members savings of 10% off the web price on more than 30,000 office supplies. Keep your workplace running smoothly with discounts on office essentials, breakroom supplies, technology products and more! Shop online and receive free shipping on orders over $50, or shop in store from one of over 3000 retail store locations!
CIA is excited to announce the UPS® Savings Program for our members! Make the most out of your membership and take advantage of competitive rates on UPS shipping services. Whether you need your documents or packages to arrive the next day or are looking for an affordable shipping option, UPS understands the importance of speed, reliability and cost. CIA Members receive a members-only discounts of up to 40%, plus get 50% off select services for up to four weeks after you enroll* – no matter how much you ship, when you ship, or where it’s going.
Members-Only Savings Include:
- Up to 36%* on UPS Air letters
- Up to 33%* on UPS Air packages (1 lb.+)
- Up to 40%* on UPS International imports and exports
- Up to 26%* on UPS® Ground shipments
- Savings begin at 75%* on UPS Freight® shipments over 150 lbs.
- 50% *on UPS Next Day Air®, UPS Next Day Air Saver®, UPS Worldwide Express® export, UPS Worldwide Saver® export, and UPS Worldwide Expedited® export shipments for up to four weeks after you enroll.*
You can receive these discounts even if you already have a UPS account. Plus, the more you ship, the more you can save.
*Visit savewithups.com/cia for specific services and discounts. Click here for details on Introductory Program discounts.